Opportunity – Like to Get Your Hands Dirty?
Explore Mission Opportunities Using Agriculture
Maybe you grew up harvesting wheat or raising corn in America’s heartland. FFA or 4-H projects were the highlights of your childhood. You have a collection of ribbons from the county fair. You love a good farmers’ market or community garden scheme. Or maybe you just have a vision to meet practical needs and help people use local natural resources wisely.
Looking for ways to use your ag skills overseas? Pioneers may have a place for you.
- Tish and Alan teach sustainable farming techniques while managing an organic farm.
- Seth and Heather’s chicken farm provides jobs as well as meeting a market for good sources of protein.
- Chris manages an orchard and in so doing, facilitates relationships between Christian workers and unreached people of their area.
Others grow coffee, make cheese, or build bridges between the farmers and consumers of a wide variety of products.
These Pioneers and others are serving their communities while building pathways for evangelism or creating contexts for discipleship. Often they work shoulder-to-shoulder with local believers, living out the gospel in places where it has been little seen.
Use your agricultural passion and knowledge overseas while sharing the gospel.
Some of those involved in agricultural ministry build on years of experience in related careers, but others learn as they go, working with business advisors and local partners to serve in newer fields like aquaculture or ecological preservation. Many could use help developing markets or managing administrative tasks like bookkeeping and inventory control. Some welcome short-term workers, from subject-area experts who can provide training seminars to interns who want to work alongside them.
Contact us to talk about your vision for agriculture or learn about specific opportunities Pioneers are already pursuing.
- Use Arts and Media to Advance the Gospel
- Scalpels and Stethoscopes: Explore Mission Opportunities in Healthcare
- When Your Mission Is to Teach: Opportunities for Educators
- Building Bridges through Business: Opportunities for Entrepreneurs
- Seven Missions Jobs You Haven’t Heard of
- Launch Teams: Exploring the Land
Stories from the pursuit
Seeking God on the Edge of the Sahara
"There is no easy way for people to follow Jesus here." Pray for more to seek God, and for those already seeking God to not lose heart.
Explore Serving with Pioneers
You don’t have to have it all figured out. Just take the next step to explore God’s leading. Come to Orlando for a week so we can get to know each other.
IT Guys (and Gals) Have Advantages
IT and missions are such a great fit! Read how John uses his IT skills to bring needed resources to his host community in Asia.