Required Bible Courses
Q: How much Bible training do I need to serve with Pioneers?
Pioneers is keenly aware of the need to equip workers for the challenging task of church planting among unreached people groups. Our primary tool is a solid foundation in an understanding of the Bible. Being able to handle Scripture, not only for our own spiritual growth but also to create effective ministry approaches among the unreached, requires serious preparation in both the content and implications of the Word.
For the purposes of serving as a full-time cross-cultural worker, Pioneers requires the following courses prior to departure for the field. Be aware that field leaders could require completion of additional Bible and theology courses beyond these minimum requirements.
Six Required Bible Courses
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Hermeneutics/Bible Interpretation
- Basic Theology
- One of the following theological electives:
- The Triune God
- Historical Theology
- Christian Apologetics
- Additional Systematic Theology
- One of the following Bible electives:
- The Torah
- Old Testament Prophets
- Four Gospels
- Pauline Epistles
- General Epistles
Where Can I Get These Bible Courses?
Here are a few options:
- Course completion at evangelical colleges, universities or seminaries will count toward fulfilling the requirements.
- Pioneers has partnered with BibleMesh Institute to offer a Pioneers Bible Certificate that meets all of the requirements listed above.
- Completing New York City Immerse will fulfill the Pioneers Bible requirements.
- Completing Radius International will fulfill four of the six required courses.