Director of Donor Services
Full-time, paid position
Are you a leader with effective interpersonal and listening skills, great at collaborating across teams?
Do you get excited about using data and analytics to monitor performance, trends, emerging challenges/opportunities, and about using current technologies to communicate and improve productivity?
Do you have 5 years of experience leading and developing a team and managing multiple projects and teams?
Pioneers is seeking a Director of Donor Services to join our Finance team. This team is committed to providing customer service to donors and support the fundraising efforts of Pioneers in a donor-centric environment. Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time, exempt level position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact our HR team for a copy of the job description.
What does a normal work day look like?
- Lead and develop a team of 7-10 people who process donations, communicate with donors and foster a donor-centric environment;
- Ensure that the team is properly trained in all aspects of gift processing including electronic gifts such as EFT and credit cards;
- Maintain best practices in process management techniques, including tracking and analysis of key data;
- Follow up with employees regarding errors and corrections and take actions to modify processes and training as needed;
- Coordinate the planning and execution of future technology changes with the Advancement and IT teams;
- Work with leadership to improve the donor experience, especially with online giving and a donor portal; and
- Coordinate activities and continually identify and implement improvements to data and communication.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience in developing team members by providing them with opportunities and challenges to grow;
- Experience in managing multiple projects and teams;
- Process-oriented with a commitment to identifying innovative ways to more effectively achieve goals;
- Technologically savvy with the ability to maximize the benefits of existing technology while staying on top of new trends and developments;
- Understands controls to ensure the safeguarding of financial assets;
- Capable of identifying potential risks and developing mitigating solutions;
- Experience in training in new processes and technology;
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, diplomacy and tact;
- Demonstrated strength in written and oral communications; and
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret and use data in the decision making process.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment is a plus but not required;
- Experience with MS office, Word and Excel required, and with donor software experience a plus;
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family;
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family;
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans; and
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online: apps.pioneers.org/careers
Download application forms to send by email to the HR team:
1. Your current resume
2. A cover letter indicating your interest in working with Pioneers and the specific position you are applying for
3. Pioneers Application for Employment (click to download, then add your responses, save, and attach to your email)
4. Pioneers Application Supplement (click to download, add your responses, save, and attach to your email)