Food Service Assistant
Part-time, event-based, paid position
Are you gifted in hospitality? Enjoy working as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines?
Pioneers is seeking a dependable, detail-oriented individual to serve in the position of Food Service Assistant. This is a part-time, event-based, paid position.
For more information about the role including physical demands, inquire for the job description by contacting the HR team.
What does a normal work day look like?
This role primarily assists the Food Service Manager in preparing and serving food for on-campus events, and is available to assist with other Hospitality team responsibilities as needed.
- Setting up and cleaning the kitchen and dining area before and after events;
- food preparation per recipes;
- safe and efficient food service to guests;
- cleaning floors and removing garbage;
- washing dishes by means of a commercial dish machine and three compartment sink;
- sanitizing equipment, restocking paper products;
- and taking initiative as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- friendly and outgoing manner;
- basic food service knowledge and the ability to follow recipes;
- ability to move/lift items up to 20 lbs shoulder high on a regular basis and stand for 4 hours at a time;
- no food allergies that would hinder ability to prepare and serve food;
- and availability for evening and weekend hours as needed.
- This is an event-based part-time position working a variable schedule.
- This role averages approximately 15-20 hours a week on event weeks.
- Event weeks are usually 2-3 weeks a month.
How to apply:
Please complete and send the following documents to the HR team: