IT Systems Administrator
Full-time, paid position
Are you a self-motivated IT professional with extensive technical knowledge and network administration experience?
Do you excel at solving problems and prioritizing in a high-pressure environment?
Are you a collaborative and dedicated teammate with a focus on customer service?
Pioneers is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join our Information Technology team, to manage, maintain and upgrade Pioneers computer systems and networks, to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time position working 40 hours on site per week plus periodic on-call shifts each month.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact our HR team for a copy of the job description.
What does a normal work day look like?
- Deploy servers, software, printers, networks, scanners, firewalls;
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance;
- Manage, test and perform routine system backups and restores;
- Contribute to organizational business continuity planning and execution;
- Perform server administration tasks;
- Monitor system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure;
- Troubleshoot issues and outages;
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models;
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, updates, including all backups;
- Maintain the internal wiki with technical documentation and manuals.
- Assist help desk and other teams in troubleshooting, and provide support when needed; and
- Work as a part of a team to reach shared goals.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- Firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience;
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft systems;
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, Cisco, Meraki, VMware, Office 365, and Active Directory;
- Strong knowledge of network administration;
- Experience with data management and virtual servers;
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information;
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required;
- Highly self-motivated and directed; and
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Certifications in Microsoft administration
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- Fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family;
- Fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family;
- Optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans;
- Annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays; and
- Cell phone credit.
How to Apply:
Please complete and send the following documents to the HR team:
1. Your current resume
2. A cover letter indicating your interest in working with Pioneers and the specific position you are applying for
3. Pioneers Application for Employment (click to download, then add your responses, save, and attach to your email)
4. Pioneers Application Supplement (click to download, add your responses, save, and attach to your email)