Maintenance and Grounds Technician
Full-time, paid position
Are you a friendly and skilled individual who enjoys working with a team to meet goals and safety standards?
Do you take pride in seeing the results from spending a majority of your work day on equipment and grounds maintenance projects?
Pioneers is seeking an energetic, motivated teammate to serve on the Campus Services team.
The Campus Services Team Member – Maintenance and Grounds Technician assists with a variety of tasks across the operational service sub-teams according to fluctuating business needs and seasonal demands. This role primarily assists the Grounds Manager and Director of Maintenance with the oversight of the maintenance shop, carts, maintenance equipment, as well as assisting the Grounds Manager with the oversight of the 30+ acre campus. This position may also assist with special events, set-up and take-down, and occasional custodial duties. Work in this role might be similar to mechanic, facilities, and shop foreman work.
Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time position with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact our HR team for a copy of the job description.
What does a normal work day look like?
- Work outdoors in varying climate conditions, including heat, cold, and during precipitation;
- irrigation duties such as testing, repairs, adjustment, installs and irrigation maintenance throughout the campus;
- operate a utility vehicle or company truck/van;
- equipment and vehicle repairs including minor repairs and maintenance of carts, mowers, weed-eaters, edgers, blowers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc.;
- grounds maintenance including string trimmer use, edging, forced air blowing, weed pulling, raking, digging, planting of different size plants and trees, watering and work on irrigation, adjusting sprinkler heads, applying mulch and pine straw, application of different products, trimming palm trees;
- maintenance including painting, pressure washing, scrubbing, mopping, sweeping, wiping down cobwebs;
- maintenance of electrical components, wiring/ testing electronic equipment/ timers/ controllers;
- occasional event set-up and take-down,
- occasional custodial duties;
- occasional transportation of guests during events.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission
- ability to bend, climb and lift 50lbs consistently, stand and walk for a minimum of 4 hours
- valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- initiative and an eye for details
- organized to remember daily and weekly tasks / assignments
- service oriented individual and impactful team player that works well with others
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays
- This is a full-time position averaging approximately 40 hours a week over 5 weekdays.
How to Apply:
Please complete and send the following documents to the HR team:
1. Pioneers Application for Employment (click to download, then add your responses, save, and attach to your email)
2. Pioneers Application Supplement (click to download, add your responses, save, and attach to your email)