Maintenance Technician 1 – HVAC/Plumbing
Full-time, paid position
Are you a skilled individual who maintains good records and can organize tasks?
Do you have leadership skills and the ability to build good working relationships with staff and vendors alike?
Pioneers is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated Maintenance Technician 1 (HVAC/Plumbing) for its headquarters located in Orlando, FL. Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time position with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact our HR team for a copy of the job description.
What does a normal work day look like?
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the oversight of all of the structures on our 40 acre campus.
- Detailed upkeep of HVAC systems & units, mechanical systems, controls systems, plumbing and other various areas throughout our facilities, by both working alone and as part of a team.
- Work closely with internal, external customers and outside vendors.
- Provide back-up and assistance for the Maintenance Team as needed, including being part of the after-hours on-call team.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the HVAC field
- State / EPA licenses and certificates for charging and evacuating HVAC system
- creative in looking for solutions to better maintain facilities
- strong ability to organize work, prioritize tasks, and follow through
- excellent communication skills
- service oriented individual and impactful team player that works well with others
- able to lead, instruct, and train others
- a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record;
- some experience in or around plumbing or plumbing trades, infrastructure, construction, and maintenance of facilities
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays
- cell phone credit
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online: apps.pioneers.org/careers
Download application forms to send by email to the HR team: