Service Desk Support Technician (Level 1)
Does continuous learning energize you? Do you have consistent curiosity and troubleshooting ability?
Are you a proactive and service-oriented worker that communicates well with teammates?
Pioneers is seeking a motivated Service Desk Support Technician to serve on the Information Technology team providing general desktop and network support for the office personnel including computers, mobile devices, office phones and mobile phones for onsite and remote personnel.
For more information about the role including physical demands, inquire for the job description by contacting the HR team.
What does a normal work day look like?
- Gather information on user issues, create tickets, and escalate as necessary;
- Provide technical support (Level 1) for the local and remote employees;
- Provide technical assistance (Level 1) to visiting missionaries serving with Pioneers;
- Provide first line troubleshooting for the workstations, printers and end-users’ hardware and software;
- Deploy software and hardware;
- Serve as Point-of-Contact for assigned tickets during normal business. Support issues during non-business hours according to conversation with Service Desk leadership;
- Create and maintain user IDs;
- Install, maintain, and configure laptops and desktops, local/network printers and multifunction devices; and
- Provide A/V support for meetings rooms and meetings.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- Firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- Hands on internship or part time experience working in technical support;
- Ability to work undirected at times- a self starter;
- A continuous learner;
- Ability to give attention to detail and provide exceptional customer service;
- Ability to diagnose hardware and/or software problems;
- Ability to use IT service desk tools and follow best practices;
- Experience with Windows and MAC OS; and
- A+ Service Desk certification or equivalent (preferred).
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family;
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family;
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA, and retirement plans; and
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online: apps.pioneers.org/careers