Full-time, paid position
Are you a well-organized, positive teammate with initiative and a passion to serve?
Do you have an accounting degree and 2-3 years of experience?
Pioneers is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to serve alongside the Finance team. The person in this role will focus on financial compliance, state and local taxes, expense reports and other projects.
Based in the Pioneers USA headquarters in Lake Nona, in southeast Orlando near the international airport, this is a full-time position working 40 hours per week during Monday-Friday office hours. Salary will be commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, inquire for the job description by contacting the HR team.
What does a normal work month look like?
- reviewing and posting Expense Reports;
- completing State and local withholding taxes;
- providing assistance to the Financial Compliance Accountant;
- fixed Asset Accounting;
- performing tax research as needed;
- assisting with a transition to a new expense report system;
- and other projects as assigned.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- a keen eye for detail;
- a systems-minded approach;
- and ability to work in an increasingly digital and paperless environment.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a business or non-profit organization;
- experience with integrated financial applications;
- experience with payroll and/or payroll tax administration
- experience in a cost accounting environment;
- fixed asset accounting;
- and familiarity with a report writer.
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays.
How to Apply:
Please complete and send the following documents to the HR team:
1. Your current resume
2. A cover letter indicating your interest in working with Pioneers and the specific position you are applying for
3. Pioneers Application for Employment (click to download, then add your responses, save, and attach to your email)
4. Pioneers Application Supplement (click to download, add your responses, save, and attach to your email)