Staff Compliance Accountant
Full-time, paid position
Are you energized by web research and using your tax knowledge in a non-profit with a widening scope?
Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when completing monthly tasks?
Do you find it meaningful to assist others in problem-solving, and work as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines?
Pioneers is seeking an experienced Staff Compliance Accountant to serve in its USA headquarters. We are looking for a degreed accountant with 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience accounting experience in a corporation, non-profit or accounting firm. The ideal candidate is a positive team player, and shows initiative to support our growing organization.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, inquire for the job description by contacting the HR team.
Key qualifications we’re looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- a keen eye for detail;
- a systems-minded approach;
- ability to understand and interpret technical accounting issues
- and ability to work in an increasingly digital and paperless environment.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- prior experience with multi-stat and local taxes;
- experience in a cost accounting environment;
- sales tax; worker’s compensation filings
- familiarity with a report writer;
- and experience with an integrated financial application.
- CPA a plus.
- prepares periodic statutory reports to include 990’s and sales tax filings for PI, KOA, and LLCs;
- maintains and monitors the compliance checklist by state and/or municipality;
- maintains company registrations to include payroll and sales tax;
- maintains company data sheets;
- assists with the preparation of correspondence with regulating authorities as needed;
- maintains Greenshades for W-2 and ACA uploads;
- completes month-end close processes for tax;
- assists with the implementation fo changes in compliance requirements;
- works closely wit the ER Accounting Specialist on tax related issues;
- assists with reviewing and posting expense reports;
- sets-up payroll controls, posts payroll adjustment entries and assists with Payroll Administration as needed;
- prepares Worker’s Compensation filings and reports;
- identifies opportunities for process improvements
- analyzes and mines data to assist in management decision making;
- assists payroll with complex journals and reconciliations;
- preparation of monthly sales tax reports;
- prepares/schedules for the annual audit;
- documents policies and procedures;
- completes other projects and tasks as assigned.
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays.