FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pioneers’ Response to COVID-19
ORLANDO, Fla., March 16, 2020 – Due to the impact of the 2019 coronavirus in countries where our members live and work, Pioneers is taking precautions to prevent the spread of the virus and ensure the safety of our members, staff and the general public.
- We monitor daily and adhere to current recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control.
- Effective immediately, we have reduced our normal office operations and are arranging for all U.S. office staff who are able to work from home to do so through April 30.
- All events scheduled between March 16 and April 30 have been postponed until further notice.
- We have suspended all international travel for our U.S. staff through April 25 and will extend this restriction as needed.
- Our Donor Services Team expects to maintain normal business processes. As we will have team members working remotely, you may experience some delays but, we will work to keep those to a minimum. We appreciate your understanding. We ask that missionary supporters consider giving via EFT (electronic funds transfer) to ensure prompt processing of gifts. Our Donor Services Team is available to assist with this at 407-581-7458.
- We are carefully monitoring the conditions in countries where Pioneers members are serving.
- Overseas employees are advised to:
- assess local conditions, personal risk factors and local health care services in deciding whether or not to relocate to cities or countries with better services.
- minimize in-person meetings, cancel non-essential gatherings and avoid travel to countries or cities affected by the virus.
The policies above will be regularly evaluated and updated as needed to reflect the current situation.
With more than 3,000 international members serving on teams in more than 100 countries, Pioneers is an evangelical missions movement that partners with local churches to make disciples of Jesus among people groups with little to no access to the gospel. For more information, visit www.pioneers.org.