A Long-term Pursuit
More than 1 in 3 are still unreached
While the hope of the gospel has been spreading for thousands of years, billions of people have not yet had an opportunity to hear it. Determined to reach the ends of the earth with the Good News, we are dedicated to the relentless pursuit of the unreached. Short-term strategies may be great, but they are not enough. It also takes long-term engagement.
We define long-term as more than a year. But God may have you there for decades, perhaps in more than one role or setting.
Find Your Fit
We live in a world of diverse peoples and cultures. God has also given each of us a unique set of skills, passions and abilities. So, we take the time to hear your story and help you find a fit based on how God is guiding your next steps.
A Picture of What’s Possible
- Your church, in partnership with Pioneers, will send you to live among the unreached in one of more than 80 countries.
- You will join and work with a team, often those a step ahead of you who can help you find your way.
- You will work hard to learn new a language (or two). Build a new life. Form relationships. Make disciples.
- Using your skills and experience in anything from business and education to healthcare, technology, or the arts, you and your team will serve and empower your community.
- By God’s grace, see a church planted among an unreached people that in turn seeks to plant other churches.
- Watch God transform lives—yours and those around you.
The life of a long-term missionary is full of twists and turns. You may end up back home in a few years, or you may stay much longer. You might start in one country and move to another. Or you could serve in organizational leadership. Join our mobilization team. Wherever God wants to use you next.
Launch Teams and Training Programs
You don’t need to have it all figured out. Just take the next step.
Many long-term missionaries start on launch teams. Launch teams are a good option for people who know God has called them to long-term mission service but are not sure just where to go or what to do.
Others start with our Venture program or an internship or enter an experiential training program to help them learn and grow before joining a team on the field. We partner with several organizations that provide these.
While each journey may be different, the process of joining Pioneers involves a few predictable steps, like completing an application, discernment process, and orientation, as well as completing training and raising funds. Learn about our timeline to the field or see Pioneers Answers 21 Questions.