Venture: Serve for up to a Year
“I don’t think I’m ready to go long term yet!”
You’re considering missions but you’re not entirely sure what it would look like. You’re passionate about the gospel but not clear on where you’d like to serve. If that sounds like you, Pioneers may have a good fit. Venture offers opportunities to serve for up to a year.
- Spend up to twelve months serving with and learning from an international team.
- Be mentored by long-term missionaries.
- See and experience for yourself what long-term missions can be like.
- Explore how God can use your skills and passions among the unreached.
Because a Venture trip is longer than a typical mission trip, it makes a good next step for those not ready for the one-way ticket. Then, after you go for a few months or as long as a year, you’ll be better equipped to make decisions and pursue the life of a long-term missionary among the unreached.
Olivia, a photographer, applied to serve with a team in Southeast Asia through the Venture program. Many, like her, appreciate the opportunity to get their feet wet in missions before making a long-term commitment. For up to a year, they soak up what the long-term team has to teach them while discovering more about themselves and their role in missions.
To learn more, watch Olivia’s story.
- START: Fill out a Start Form
- APPLY: Submit application and references
- EXPLORE: Spend a week in Orlando getting to know Pioneers
- PREPARE: Fulfill training requirements with one-on-one coaching
- GO: Grow and serve on the field for up to a year
- DEBRIEF: Develop a plan for re-entry and next steps